The Genius kindergarten program
The next generation of kindergarten learning.
Enriched with engaging educational and wellness programs, the Genius Kindergarten Program will guide your child to become independent, resilient, and self-confident members of our dynamic community.
Igniting young minds at our innovative kindergarten learning centres, you can be sure that your child is learning and developing the skills they need to connect with and celebrate their inner Genius.
Discover a Genius kindergarten near you.
Awaken the everyday
Each day is a new opportunity to explore, learn and discover. At Genius, we are committed to creating an environment that stimulates the mind, body and spirit.
Learn for a lifetime
The Genius LifeSkills® seven building blocks of development accelerate the learning process and provide children with the resources necessary for a life of academic and creative fulfilment. They also help to ensure their mental and physical wellbeing.
Ambition for excellence
We strive to be on the cutting edge, innovating and evolving every day. We aim to deliver the best quality care, programs and governance, exceeding expectations in everything we do.We are passionate about elevating and developing our team, nurturing a sense of belonging for our staff, the children and their loved ones.
It’s the simple things—a cup of coffee after the morning drop-off, sharing great moments with the kids, and a beautiful space to catch up with educators or like-minded parents. It’s an opportunity to network with people who want the best for their children.
Our passionate and dedicated kindergarten teachers are educated and experienced education professionals committed to providing your child with the highest level of education and care.
Each of our qualified kindergarten teachers have a minimum four-year university qualification, providing our families with the comfort and knowledge that their children are in the best capable hands at our kindergarten learning centre.
Engaging and carefully curated programs ensure we provide the highest quality learning standards. Our Robotics and RISE Programs are just two initiatives introduced to help your child grow into a confident and capable human being.
Our Kindergarten Program is run within our Long Day Care service, meaning your child will have access to our all-inclusive benefits such as on-site meals, extended operational hours, incursions, excursions, and much more in an all-day kindergarten near you!
Our Kindergarten Curriculum
We continue to use the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) developmental milestones to structure our activities and learning through play, whilst beginning to focus on preparing for school and journey outside of the classroom.
Our kindergarten program is also enriched with extra-curricular activities that support our children’s educational needs and well-being. Our Lifeskills™ activities include eight areas:
- Garden Guru Program
- Sports Program
- Wellness Program (RISE)
- Creative Arts
- Music & Movement
- Nutritional Ninja
- Library Program
- Robotics Program
Yes, different states and territories have different regulations with regard to kindergarten programs. Here’s a summary of each state and territories’ requirements:
New South Wales
- If your child turns 4 years old on or before 31 July, they can enrol in kindergarten on the first day of Term 1 that year.
- Certain kindergarten learning centres offer distance education programs for children living in isolated communities.
- Children who are 4 years old by 30 June in the year they start kindergarten can enrol in a kindergarten nearby at the start of the school year.
- If you live in a rural or isolated area, or your child has a medical condition that affects their attendance, you can enrol your child in the state’s distance education program, eKindy.
- Children in selected remote communities can attend kindergarten at their local state schools as part of the State Delivered Kindergarten program.
- If your child turns 4 years old before 1 May, they can be enrolled in kindergarten at the beginning of the year.
- If your child turns 4 years old between 1 May to 31 October, they can begin kindergarten through the mid-year intake at the start of Term 3 that year.
- Children who turn 4 years old after 31 October can commence kindergarten at the start of the following year.
- Regardless of their start date, children will undertake 4 terms of kindergarten.
- Aboriginal children and children in foster or kinship care can start kindergarten after they turn 3 years old.
- If your children have disabilities or additional needs, they can start kindergarten earlier if there are available spaces.
- Generally, children are eligible to start kindergarten when they turn 4 years old before or on 30 April in the year before school starts.
- In certain areas, 3-year-olds are allowed to join kindergarten under the Early Start Kindergarten program.
- Children can still attend a kindergarten learning centre when they are 6 years old if they have a disability, developmental delay, or other special circumstances. However, you need to seek an exemption from school if your child turns 6 years old before or while they are still in kindergarten.
- Children who turn 4 years old by 30 June can apply to be enrolled in a kindergarten nearby at the start of the school year.
- Some children may be eligible to start earlier, including children who identify as Aboriginal, children in care, or children with a disability or additional needs.
- 3-year-old children can start pre-kindergarten at centres that have such intakes.
Our formal kindy session is run from 9-4:30pm Monday to Friday at all our kindergarten learning centres, within the long daycare setting. During the day, our Genius children will be involved in varied and exciting activities from nutrition to robotics, and language to sports.
You can still drop your child before 9am when the centre opens and pick them up when they close (hours vary depending on centre), and this means that parents are still able to access an enriched quality kindergarten program while being supported with long daycare hours!
Yes, attending kindergarten at Genius means that all food is provided to your child! Our in-house chef will provide all meals and snacks so you don’t have to scramble to pack lunchboxes in the morning. We can also cater to any dietary requirements and offer vegetarian or alternative menus. From allergies to strict diets and routines, we have a wide range of food options for all of our children.
Our fees are inclusive of our extra-curricular programs, excursions and incursions, sunscreen, and our nutritious menu prepared by our on-site chef. Daily fees vary across our services depending on each family’s Child Care Subsidy eligibility.
Yes, we are an approved CCS provider. Each family’s subsidy amount will depend on their income, level of activity, and hourly rate cap.
To learn more about our Kindergarten Program, you can call us on 1300 955 540 or complete the form on our contact page.